Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A Wrinkle In Time

Sunday evening my friend Eric came up to visit. I hadn't seen him in a while and it was great to catch up. He's now all fitted for his tux (he's my best man for our November nuptuals) and all that.

I can say as a matter of fact that Sunday evening I imbibed more alcohol than I have ever had before. That night marks the first time I threw up as a result of drinking too much, and the first stretch of time that has been forcibly wiped from my memory.

After my head was over the toilet for the first time, I have no recollections. Eric tells me I was ranting incoherently about something and offering him all my pillows. Thank goodness we were at my house instead of some bar somewhere. To sum up, alcohol should only be enjoyed in the following ways:

  • someplace safe
  • with people you know and trust
  • near a toilet or large sink
  • after eating food that will taste as good several hours later
  • far from fun but sharp or otherwise dangerous toys
  • with strong opinions that you have yet to form or loudly express
  • um, in moderation, yeah.

No comments: